Monday, February 4, 2008

131 / 83

i just got back from my first winter bike ride of the season. before that, i smoked my last cigarette, threw the rest in the fire, and took my blood pressure using the walmart-special machine my dad sent us earlier this year. 131 over 83. that’s flippin high! yesterday, ati’s registered at 116/69. damn her and her denali-summiting abilities! but really, it’s time for me to get my act together. so this afternoon i took my bike down, checked the studded tires, pulled on warm puffy gloves and rode to dede’s and back – which is nothing – and felt my heart being squeezed through the tight grip of some evil-evil hand. four degrees outside, i struggled for my breath, silently cursed toivey for running in the road, and barely noticed the pink sun blaze across the mountains. a sweaty head and runny nose by the time i got back home – and i am only writing about this in my current state of general depletion because i want you to kick me in the ass if you see me faltering in this no more roll-ums endeavor.

3 comments:

Natalie Ellen Eamonn said...

congrats to you..oh the biking will feel better each day!! no more cigs..did you see the Oprah on it? had lots of people quiting...i belive in you!!!! Enjoy the moments of sun...were getting lots of snow today!!

Aaron said...

Trying this again..for the second time. Hello Ya'll! Eating shrimp pasta, drinking read wine, and enjoying a good read. Gotta check in more often, always good for a laugh and desire to head Nort'. Love you both. Working on our blog as well...haven't done much lately.
Love you..stay in touch.
Aaron, Bridget & Piper (Piper isn't partaking in the wine)

amanda jane said...

didn't even know this about you.....hmmmmmm roll-em's eh?